Coconut Broccoli & Cilantro Soup is absolutely delicious. If you are a fan of Thai food, you will love it! The coconut oil and broccoli give it a creamy richness that goes really well with the bite from the lime juice and cilantro. It's also super easy to prepare and makes a healthy meal while on your teatox.
Tip: don't be afraid of good fats like coconut oil. These will NOT make you gain weight. In fact, research has shown that it can help with blood sugar control and weight loss. We can't get enough of the stuff!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
You will need:
- 2 medium sized broccoli crowns
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 whole onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Thumb length of peeled ginger root
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2-3 tbsp of organic virgin coconut oil
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 cups of stock (veggie or chicken)
- 1 cup of water
- About 30 stems of cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 20 roasted squash seeds
- Cut the broccoli into 2 inch pieces. Peel the carrots and chop into 0.5 inch pieces. Coarsely chop the onion. Finely chop the ginger and garlic.
- Add the coconut oil to a saucepan and fry the onion, carrots and garlic and ginger on a low heat until the carrots soften and onions turn translucent.
- Add the broccoli and cook for another minute or two.
- Add the stock, water and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Add lime juice, skinned avocado flesh and cilantro.
- Blend with an immersion blender until creamy.
- To serve, add a tsp of coconut oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional: grind or blitz some roasted squash seeds and sprinkle on top for a nutty flavour.