Yes, we have had a bit of a thing for coconut recently...but it's just so delicious! Today's recipe is a healthier alternative to traditional fudge. It's made with only a few, natural and healthy ingredients. These rich little bites are a fantastic source of energy. They also provide all the benefits of coconut oil without the guilt you'll get from other desserts.
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Servings: 12 rich bites
You will need:
- 1/4 cup virgin organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup high-quality cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp of honey or maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp of trail mix (chopped)
Steps to make:
- Add your coconut oil to a mixing bowl. If it is still solid, whip it with a fork for 2 minutes.
- Add all ingredients except for the honey or maple syrup. Mix well into a dark, thick mixture.
- Slowly add the honey or maple syrup while mixing so that you reach your desired sweetness.
- Lay the mixture out onto a baking tray and spread into a 1/2 inch thick layer.
- Place in the fridge for 45 minutes and then cut into bite-size pieces.