This recipe is great for when you're a little short on time but want something yummy!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
You will need:
- 2 medium or large fresh tomatoes.
- 2 large or 4 medium eggs.
- 2 tsp of fresh wild garlic, parsley or cilantro.
- A pinch of salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 1 serving of cooked starch (e.g., rice, quinoa or sweet potato) if you would like a larger meal.
Steps to make:
- Preheat your oven to 350 F or 175 C.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil.
- Slice the top off each tomato.
- Spoon out all of the seeds and white flesh.
- Crack an egg or two into each tomato so that it is almost full.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 F or 175 C depending on desired consistency (give it a little shake to see how cooked the egg is.
- Sprinkle on fresh herbs and salt and pepper.
- Serve as is or with your desired starch (rice, quinoa, sweet potato etc.)