We all know that salad is awesome. But if you want to kick it up a notch, add berries and blue cheese. This makes a bold yet slightly sweet salad that is full of healthy ingredients.
Prep time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
You will need:
- 1 1/2 cup of mixed kale and spinach
- 1 avocado
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 cup of mixed berries (e.g., frozen strawberries, black berries, blueberries, and raspberries)
- 1/3 cup of blue cheese
- 1/2 cup of your favorite nuts (e.g., almonds, walnuts and macadamia nuts)
For the dressing, you will need:
- 3/4 cup of olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1/4 cup of organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves of chopper garlic
Simply add all of the ingredients to a jar and shake.
- If using frozen berries, defrost 30 mins before.
- Simply cut ingredients to size and put into your favourite bowl.
- Sprinkle the blue cheese, drizzle the dressing, and toss.