Perhaps one of the first thoughts racing into your head when someone says they are going to start eating healthily is, "OMG no more pancakes!". Fortunately, you can have your pancake and eat it, too. This truly delicious, no guilt pancake consists of just bananas and egg. It's that simple. It's also very easy to make. The only conceivable downer is they don't always look as yummy as they taste ;)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Servings: 1 filling pancake
You will need:
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium to large ripe banana
- 1/2 tsp of organic coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 tbsp of organic peanut butter (optional)
- 1-2 tsp of honey or maple syrup (optional)
Steps to make:
- Blend the banana, eggs vanilla extract (optional) and peanut butter (optional) until you have a thick batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add the coconut oil.
- Spoon in enough batter to cover 75% of your pan. Be careful not to make it too thick or you will have trouble with the flip!
- Cook on a medium to low heat for about 5-7 minutes. A lower heat is better as you want it to cook through properly without burning the bottom.
- Once the top is showing air holes and no longer has a wet look, it's time to flip.
- You can be daring and do the chef flip. Or you can place a plate over the frying pan, turn it upside down to catch the pancake on the plate, and then slide the pancake back into the frying pan.
- Cook for another few minutes and turn off the heat once the bottom has reached golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup (optional) and a selection of sliced fruit.
It tastes even better than it looks ;)